The 2023 NCAA Women’s Basketball National Title Championship game was held on April 2nd, 2023, at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in New Orleans, Louisiana. The game featured the top two teams in the country, the Connecticut Huskies and the Stanford Cardinal, battling it out for the national title.
The game was an intense and hard-fought battle between two of the best teams in the country. Both teams came into the game with impressive records and had dominated their opponents throughout the tournament. The first half was a back-and-forth affair, with both teams trading baskets and the lead several times. By halftime, the score was tied at 35-35.
The second half was just as competitive, with neither team able to gain a significant advantage. With just under a minute left in the game, Connecticut had a two-point lead and the ball. However, a turnover by the Huskies gave Stanford a chance to tie the game or take the lead. With 10 seconds left, Stanford’s star player, Haley Jones, hit a clutch jumper to tie the game at 72-72.
In overtime, Connecticut took control of the game and never looked back. Led by their star player, Paige Bueckers, the Huskies outscored Stanford 13-5 in the extra period and sealed the victory. Bueckers finished the game with 28 points, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists and was named the Most Outstanding Player of the tournament.
Paige Bueckers was the standout player of the game, but she was not alone in her outstanding performance. For Connecticut, Olivia Nelson-Ododa added 17 points and 10 rebounds, while Aaliyah Edwards chipped in with 13 points and 9 rebounds. For Stanford, Haley Jones had a team-high 26 points and 8 rebounds, while Lexie Hull added 16 points and 7 rebounds.
The game was a showcase of two of the best teams and players in the country. Both Connecticut and Stanford played at a high level throughout the game, and it was fitting that it came down to the wire. Connecticut’s victory was a testament to their team’s talent and resiliency, as they were able to overcome a strong challenge from Stanford and come out on top.
The 2023 NCAA Women’s Basketball National Championship game was an instant classic and will go down in history as one of the best championship games of all time. Connecticut’s victory over Stanford was a fitting end to a fantastic season and showcased the best of women’s college basketball.
- Who won the 2023 NCAA Women’s Basketball National Championship?
- The Connecticut Huskies won the 2023 NCAA Women’s Basketball National Championship.
- Who was named the Most Outstanding Player of the tournament?
- Paige Bueckers of Connecticut was named the Most Outstanding Player of the tournament.
- Who hit the clutch jumper to tie the game at the end of regulation?
- Haley Jones of Stanford hit the clutch jumper to tie the game at the end of regulation.
- What was the final score of the game?
- The final score of the game was 85-77 in favor of Connecticut.
- Where was the game held?
- The game was held at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium in New Orleans, Louisiana.